Re: Using ETRAX 100LX without an OS ?

> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:43:23 +0100
> From: Sebastian Andersson <sa@xxxxxxx.net>

> Is there some sample project one can use for the development board
> when one wants to implement a program without an OS ?
> Just some startup code that initializes the hardware and calls a C
> main and makefiles that creates a binary that can be uploaded.
> A serial port driver would be quite nice as well. ;-)

There's nothing readily available at this time, though the idea
has been mentioned from time to time.  Adding the basic hardware
functionality to the startup functions in the newlib library
installed with the compiler would be natural, and I'll try to
fit that into the next release.

Until then, I think there's just the startup code in the kernel
and the e100boot code.

brgds, H-P