RJ45 connector!

Hi:
  I can only buy the ordinary RJ45 connector, but not the one with build in transformer and filter. So I used the ordinary one, and connected the corresponding pins(TX+/-,RX+/-) directly. But I can't boot ETRAX100LX through ethernet, then what's wrong?
  The signals of the input to BCM5201 is not as good as DEV_BOARD(the shape and amplitude), but there are still signals from BCM5201 to CPU. So I wonder the digital signal is wrong! My etherner is 10M ethernet.
  Is the RJ45 connector with build in transformer and filter a standard one?
  Thanks a lot!