Re: compiler 1.16

> From: "Jihoon Bang" <room4u@xxxxxxx.kr>
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:31:26 +0900

> Before I used new comiler 1.16, I had used cris-dist-1.14 rpm version.
> I installed new compiler using tar since I wanted to refer to library source.

If you want to have the source around, you can install from the
.src.rpm.  It leaves the source in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cris-dist-x.y
(if I recall correctly), but you don't have to keep track of
which tarball to unpack where.

> http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard/install-howto.html
> In this page, There is way how to install the developer board software using tar.
>
> After installing, I compiled an application.
> Oops, there is an error as like "sys/ioctl.h : No such file or directory"
> There is no header file(ioctl.h) in a new installed compiler.
> But, I confirmed that it was in the uncompressed directory where ./install_cris_tools existed.
>
> If you know, please let me know..

It really sounds like some step wasn't done, for example one of
the tarballs not untarred.  Or perhaps you didn't have make-3.79
installed.  Please send me the build log for a more useful
answer.  (You may have to build again; the log is usually
removed at the end of the build after asking.)

Then again, you can always rm -rf /usr/local/cris, install from
the .i386.rpm and still look at the source you unpacked; it's
the same source as what was installed, just built elsewhere.

brgds, H-P