Re: Cross-compiling libgmp problems

> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:43:46 +0200 (EET)
> From: Jussi Alanara <jalanara@xxxxxxx.fi>

Thank you for your bug report.  I see all the information I need
is present (source version, configuration options, session
output).  This is of great help.

> cris-gcc -shared  .libs/assert.o .libs/compat.o .libs/errno.o and so on
>
> gives me
>
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
>
> and after that few hundred lines of these:
>
> /usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/rld-cris: mpz/.libs/fac_ui.o: uses
> non-prefixed symbols, but writing file with _-prefixed symbols
> Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of file mpz/.libs/fac_ui.o
>
> So it seems to me, that linker seg faults when linking shared library.
> Any hints?

The problem seems to be related to a missing "-mlinux" from that
command-line, as called by libtool when it sees "-shared".  Of
course the linker should never segfault, so there's a bug to be
fixed.  I don't know right now exactly how to force libtool to
pass on "-mlinux" when building a shared library.  I will look
into these problems and let you know.

As a work-around and to save time, I guess you'll be able to fix
this in libtool; search for where "-shared" is parsed and
translated into linker and compiler options and add "-mlinux".

brgds, H-P