[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
> From: joost <email@example.com>
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:03:49 +0100
> I am trying to port a shared library to the developer board_lx (Berkeley
> Database). The standard Makefile uses libtool for this. I can't get this to
Sorry, but that's too little information for me to act usefully.
I'll try the latest Berkeley DB release and configure it, but
without knowing more I haven't got much hope for this to lead
libtool should work by default provided the package is
configured correctly, but as you might have seen, there was a
very recent failure report where the package looked like it was
configured correctly. If this is not the *exact* failure you
saw, can you please provide the same necessary information:
- The compiler version (e.g. cris-dist-1.16-1).
- The source. (If this is an official or well-known unmodified
package, the name and release-number may suffice).
- Any modifications if applicable (as patches to the package).
- How to configure the package to see the failure, if
applicable, for example
env AS=cris-as CC="cris-gcc -mlinux" OBJCOPY="objcopy-cris" LD="ld-cris \
-mcrislinux" RANLIB=cris-ranlib AR=cris-ar NM=cris-nm STRIP=cris-strip \
- How to compile the package. For example, just "make" (if
configured, like above else with all make-parameters).
- A transcript of the build session (the text appearing in the
terminal window; for example "make > buildlog 2>&1". This is
necessary in order to verify that I see the same error you see.
- From: joost <firstname.lastname@example.org>