Re: LUA

> From: Bart Duchesne <bduc@xxxxxxx.com>
> Date: 05 Feb 2002 12:22:38 +0100

> Does someone have any clue what is going wrong here ?

> gcc-cris -Wl,-soname=3Dliblua.so.4.1 -o ../lib/liblua.so -shared lapi.os lc=
> ode.os ldebug.os ldo.os lfunc.os lgc.os llex.os lmem.os lobject.os lopcodes=
> .os lparser.os lstate.os lstring.os ltable.os ltests.os ltm.os lundump.os l=
> vm.os lzio.os
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
> /usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/rld-cris: lapi.os: uses non-prefixed =
> symbols, but writing file with _-prefixed symbols
> Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of file lapi.os

You need to link (as well as compile) with -mlinux.

BTW, I recommend that everybody use -fpic rather than -fPIC; you
get ssmaller and faster code.  You need something significantly
larger than glibc to get over the limit where you actually need
-fPIC.

The ld segfault has been reported before and will be fixed in
the next cris-dist release.

brgds, H-P