USB Drives with Etrax 100LX?

Has anybody tried to use one of these new USB drives with the Etrax 100LX in
place of Flash?  I don't know how feasible it would be to get this
working... but it seems to me that if you could embed a 16MB or 32MB USB
drive like is being used in these "key ring" personal storage devices within
an Etrax based device it would be a very attractive alternative to flash
memory or IDE / SCSI hard disks for people that need a bit more space than
2-4MB but don't need the huge volumes that a hard disk provides.  Not to
mention the power savings and compactness of the configuration.

Thoughts?

 - Don