Re: Flash problem

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 15:16, Johannes Karlsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with a Developer board. After flashing the board the yellow
> led was flashing very fast and it did not boot (probably wrong checksum?).

Yes, the rescue code does not like the checksum.

> If I flash the same image to another board it works fine. Then I tried to do
> a ./flashitall, the board still does not boot, but the led does not flash
> anymore (corrupted rescue image?).
>
> Can it be a hardware problem with the board, maybe something wrong with the
> flash?

Try flashing again and compare the image (fimage) with what's actually
in the flash. You can dump the flash using etrax100boot (use the
--memdump option and add start and end addresses). The flash starts at
address 0x80000000.

> Is the board suposed to boot after a ./flashitall ?

Yes.

Best regards
/Jonas