Re: IDE diriver error message as "hda: lost interrupt"

> The hard disk is perceived by kernel,
> and reading files from it is o.k.
> But writting is not possible,

Sounds a bit like the problem we once had.

-Check that there's a pull-down on all the INTRQ- and DMARQ-pins (0..3).

-Check the buffers on the ATA interface. Our board doesn't have them, and
the limit seems to be one harddisk with a cable less than 10 cm long. Even
then the timings in arch/cris/drivers/ide.c had to be relaxed a bit for
reliable operation.

(This was not "official" information, just some personal observations.)

Best regards,

Jarkko Tuomi