RE: 8-Mbyte flash problems - SOLVED!

Thanks to your help I was able to track the problem down to a layout issue
on our board.
I'll send out this information in the hopes that it can help someone else
down the road:

The board was laid out for an 8Mb Toshiba part but the part actually placed
on our board was the AMD 8Mb part. Apparently, these size parts are still
relatively new and the pin-out has NOT been standardized across the
different vendors so they are not pin compatible with each other
(unfortunately).

So just beware..

Thanks for all your help

--dave