Ramdisk on Etrax

Hello, I'm Francisco,

   I'm making a program to Axis Etrax 100LX which is writing and reading a file on flash continuously.
I know that I can damage the flash memory and I'm trying to create a ramdisk to work with the file. I can do it on a PC with Linux, but not with the board, because I use  "mke2fs" file and axis' linux distribution doesn't have it.

The process, witch i'm doing to create the ramdisk on PC

   mke2fs /dev/ram 2048
   mkdir /mnt/ramdisk
   mount -t ext2 /dev/ram /mnt/ramdisk

How can I create a ramdisk in Axis Etrax 100LX??????

  thank you,
                Francisco