Re: Preemptive patch for etrax kernel?

Hi,
I recently finnished an application that required
less than millisecond responce to serial input.
All I did was to change the HZ #define in param.h
(found in asm-cris?) from 100 to 2400 and modified
the definition of SHIFT_HZ.

If your are pleased with approx 1 ms, 1200 is enough
and then you can skip modifying SHIFT_HZ.

I had access to specially designed hardware so we
used our own drivers.

If you use the normal serial driver, ensure that
it is compiled for low-latency, not high-throughput.

/Peter

Peter Trygg  Peter.Trygg@xxxxxxx.se
NOW Electronics AB   www.now.se
Knarrarnäsg. 15
164 40 Kista
Sweden --- Pieter Grimmerink
<mailinglists@xxxxxxx.nl> skrev: > What would be
the chances of getting a preemptive
> schedular patch
> working on the etrax kernel?
> Has anyone ever tried this, or can anyone predict
> what would
> be necessary to port any of the available patches?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pieter Grimmerink

Hitta snörapporter...
från 500 olika skidorter i Europa