Re: open

> From: Hansen Martin <DKDD0MAR@xxxxxxx.com>
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:11:51 +0200

> In a litle prgram that i use to set the line discipline. I use fcntl.h
> Normaly this includes a close() funktion but not in the criss
> libary.

I don't understand.  The function close() is indeed included in
the glibc library.  What are the symptoms you see that makes you
say there's no close() function?

> Shold i, when using cris, just rely on the garbadge collektor and expect the
> file to beclosed weni exit the process?

This happens for all GNU/Linux programs, it's normal process
exit functionality.  FWIW, it'd be a misnomer to call it garbage
collection because that term implies that some items may remain
uncollected.

brgds, H-P