Etrax100 to Etrax100LX migration roadmap

Hello,

We are using the Etrax100 chip with the eLinux kernel for a while now and we
need now to migrate to the Etrax100LX chip with the Linux kernel.
Our own board is very similar to the Axis devboard (Etrax100 + same EDO DRAM
+ same 2MB flash and so on). The whole devboard package runs "as-it" on our
board

We have got a few boards with the Etrax100LX running our eLinux package and
so I plan to follow this roadmap :
- download the whole devboard-lx package and the latest Linux kernel
- build the kernel and the devboard-lx package "as-it"
- make it run on our board.

Before doing this, I want to make sure the devboard-lx (and the provided
kernelconfig) is shipped with the same EDO DRAM as was the devboard so we
can make the kernel running without a change. Can you please confirm this.

After this first step, we will change the board EDO DRAM for a SDRAM and
update the kernelconfig. What SDRAM chip shall be choose, assumed that it
must be "pin-to-pin" compatible with the EDO ?

Johann DANTANT
PRO-ACTIVE

mail : johann.d@xxxxxxx.fr
web site : www.pro-active.fr

tel. +33 1 64 53 20 17
fax. + 33 1 64 53 50 18

PRO-ACTIVE
13, voie Lacardon
91120 Palaiseau
FRANCE
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Dantant;Johann
FN:Dantant, Johann
NICKNAME:JDA
ORG:Pro-Active
TITLE:Chef de projet
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(+33) 1.64.53.20.17
TEL;WORK;FAX:(+33) 1.64.53.20.18
ADR;WORK:;;13, voie La Cardon;Palaiseau;Īle-de-France;91120;France
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:13, voie La Cardon=0D=0APalaiseau, =CEle-de-France 91120=0D=0AFrance
URL;WORK:http://www.pro-active.fr
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:johann.d@xxxxxxx.fr
EMAIL;INTERNET:jdantant@xxxxxxx.com
REV:20020416T084651Z