Re: location of system headers

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 12:08, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:39:40 +0200
> >
> > Now I get errors about 'uint' and 'inet_aton'.
>
> They aren't defined in glibc when the option -ansi is used.  The
> following patch seems to work.

Thanks a lot, this fixes it all (also the missing cflags XCASE and CRTSCTS
in my serial routines, which I ran into after working around uint and
inet_aton)

> I'd recommend you use C though;
> it seems it's a one-line change to your particular program.

I have to stick to C++, the example I attached was not representative.
the actual application I'm porting uses a lot of c++ features.

Are there any drawbacks removing the -ansi option? (guess it's just there to
force me to make clean ansi code ;-)

Best regards,

Pieter