Interrupt on parallel port in manual mode?

Hi,

We're trying to interface an VLSI vs1001k MP3 decoder by bit banging the
parallel port in manual mode. The vs1001k uses SPI protocol for
communication, hence the bit banging. As soon as the internal buffer of
the decoder can accept new data it sets a DATA READY pin which we would
like to connect to an interrupt (par0_peri). Is this possible?

How fast can you change the state of the pins on the parallel port?

Regards,
Anders Hasselqvist
hassel@xxxxxxx.se