Re: lib inclusion

> From: John Bindby <john.bindby@xxxxxxx.se>
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:51:22 +0200

> I read some rumors here a while ago that giving the linker the options:
> '-Bstatic,-lwhatever,-Bdynamic'
> would statically link in as little as possible from the specified lib...

Not rumors.  At least not when I've stated it. ;-)

> That really does not do the trick for me.

Please describe what you see in detail, preferrably as quoted
command lines (for example with tools such as gcc-cris,
readelf-cris and objdump-cris) and the output they give.

> If i provide '-static' to the compiler - there's no problem - the 'images'
> target does not include that lib (but ofcourse the binary gets huge). But if
> I instead use static linking for that lib only (as described above), the lib
> still gets included in it's dynamic form. Why ?

I don't know; it shouldn't.  I can't say more without enough
details to let me reproduce the problem you see.

brgds, H-P