adding flash memory

In the past we have successfully added a flash memory module to our
development board. However, I believe that we were using kernel 2.4.5 and
devboard_lx software 2.0.0.

We have since upgraded to devboard_lx software 2.1.0 and kernel 2.4.14. How
would I go about changing our configuration to enable the addition of this
board. In particular I need to add a /dev/flashx to the /dev  devices. In
addition I have to add a new partition to the ptablespec and I have to
create a directory to the /mnt directory.  I have tried to edit entries in
the packages Makefiles but I wind up with 5 partitions on axis flash the
last being the romfs partition.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark Schapira