syslog.conf and iptables

Hi all,

A relatively simple problem, regarding some testing of iptables functionality.

I am trying to examine the logs which are generated after entering the command:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j LOG

Attempting to access the Axis board over HTTP produces the expected logs,
but these are only output to the debug console (accessed via hyperterminal).

I have tried modifying the syslog.conf to redirect the logs to
/var/log/firewall.log but can't seem to find a matching case.

excerpt from /etc/syslog.conf:
---
# Log messages to the console.
*.info
						/dev/console

# save firewall messages to /var/log/firewall.log
*.*
					/var/log/firewall.log
---

I've tried several different wildcards (eg kern.*) and locating the command
at the top and tail of the syslog.conf file but still the output only goes
to the console output. This is despite killing syslogd and/or rebooting.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Jones
----