RS485 testing

I have written a driver for an apparatus that communicates trough RS485.
But I get a lot of parity and framing errors.

If I use a RS232 bus trough a ADAM 232/485 converter it works fine.

Now what I hoped is that someone on this list has a program they have tested
that can do the following.
Send a specified telegram out on the RS485 bus and listen for a reply and
print this to a terminal.
AKA
# send "af 2d ee 33 01"
I got "12 3d 33 22 11" in reply.

I could write this program myself, yes. But I was hopping someone had done
that and verified its functionality. In order to let me exclude hardware
problems.

--
Martin Hansen
Student at SDU Sønderborg. www.sdu.dk