sys time to hw time WAS: two small ones

From: Johan Adolfsson [mailto:johan.adolfsson@xxxxxxx.com]
> Try running:
> hwtestrtc -c1
> to enable it and put that in the inittab or an init script.
Is there a way other than writing a new program to store the current system
time in the rtc.
I update the system clock with rdate, but i dont know how to store this in
the rtc, except writing a new c program or doing it manually.

Of course my luck is that the output from rdate -p have the month in
letters, and the hwtestrtc want it in number form. I had hoped I could just
say
# hwtestrtc -s `rdate -p timeserver.dom`
of course a command like hwclock --systohc would be preferable. eventually
as a switch to hwtestrtc.

--
Martin Hansen
Student at SDU Sønderborg. www.sdu.dk