RE: slow (really slow)

You could make the Makefile more verbose on this point.
e.g. find where CC (or CPP or what you use) is defined and change that so
time -p is put in front
	i.e. if CC = gcc-cris -mlinux ... change it to CC = time -p gcc-cris
-mlinux ...

Do this in both versions (host and cris) then you have a bit more to
compare.

--
Martin Hansen
Student at SDU Sønderborg. www.sdu.dk