Re: slow (really slow)

> From: John Bindby <john.bindby@xxxxxxx.se>
> Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:03:20 +0200

> *whisper* Shouldn't gcc-cris return a unique version number with the
> --version option ? ;)

Well, that sounds like a reasonable expectation... (1/2 doh! :-)
It probably will with the next Axis release.  My half-witted
excuse is that if you look at FSF versions, there's no
port-specific identifier when --version is used --I'll see to
that.  And until 3.1 (or maybe 3.0.x) gcc emitted just the
version number with no other information, contrary to
GNU-mandated behavior for the --version option.  The current
release is "2.96-based" (that is, a snapshot of the FSF tree
some two years ago) similar to Red Hat and derivates.

brgds, H-P