error message "Device out of space" while writing to flash 2

some update to my question:
we now have a system where we cannot write to flash because of 'device out
of space' error, the command 'df' says:

/dev/flash3               2808      2808         0 100% /
/dev/flash2                192       120        72  63% /mnt/flash
tmpfs                     3328        40      3288   1% /var

so there should be enough space to write the file 'network.conf' in
/etc/network.

but we cannot write the file, even after rebooting the hardware.

any help?

Thanks,
 Andreas