RE:

Hi,

Maybe you have something else reading the serial port such as agetty?
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On Behalf Of
Andreas Auer
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 9:03 PM
To: dev-etrax

Hello everybody

I have a device (GSM modem) connected to the serial port ser2. I deactivated
the debug in the kernel and so on.
Now the device works very well.
But if I disconnect and reconnect the device i.e. the GSM modem, so I can
send strings to the Device, but I cannot
 receive anything. That's my problem. The device answers, but I didn't get
it.
I tried to close and open the serial port again, but it doesn't work.
If I test my program with ser0 (the first serial port) it works. I can
disconnect and reconnect the modem and I
get the strings. What's the problem with ser2?????
Can anybody help me, please??

Andreas Auer