Re: ?que?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bindby" <john.bindby@xxxxxxx.se>
To: <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: den 17 juni 2002 15:10
Subject: ?que?

> Hi again,
>
> Lets see if anyone can explain this to me:
>
> * The current release of boa according to sourceforge and it's official
> webpage (www.boa.org) is 0.94.12. This release does not contain any
support
> for basic authentification. (Four weeks ago Jon Nelson (the maintainer of
> boa) also stated in the forum that no such support exists.)
>
> * The boa release bundled with devboard_lx 2.1.0 is 0.92, and it conatins
> support for said authentification....also it's stated in the header that
Jon
> Nelson is the author of this code.
>
> So far - so strange. But it get's better:
>
> * THTTPD is another web-server suited for embedded use. Is does contain
> support for '.htpasswd'. Comparing the code in thtppd and boa gives pretty
> much an exact match. Copy and paste that is....!
>
> Now, what am I missing here, please ?

My guess is that the guy who added that file back in 1999
simply copied the header from the other files, the log doesn't
mention where the source come from and he who added it no longer
work for Axis.

> Note1 : As far as I know  - since boa is GPL and THTTPD is freeware(?) -
no
> laws or rules have been violated. It's just pretty confusing, and perhaps
> somewhat ugly....

Yepp, hopefully we're better at handling importing of open source code
nowadays.

> Note2 : I really could be missing something.  ;-)
>
> Regards - John Bindby

Best regards
/Johan