Re: Porting app

> From: "Per-Ola Svensson" <posa@xxxxxxx.se>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:10:28 +0200

> Iīm trying to port the CSL (http://csl.sourceforge.net/) to
> the ETRAX platform. Now, that was not that easy as I thought,
> and I canīt make the makefiles included in the software work
> with gcc-cris. Am I totaly wrong when i try to replace the "gcc"
> with "gcc-cris" and som aditonal switches?

No, that should do it.  "gcc" -> "gcc-cris -mlinux".  (Of course
it depends on how CSL is configured; cross-compilation is more
or less complicated depending very much on the software package
you compile and the foresight of its authors.)

> Or...are there are a easy way to to port a makefile from gcc to gcc-cris?

"Easy" is relative.  Of course I hope that the above is easy
enough. :-)

brgds, H-P