Re: Include lib

> From: Per-Ola Svensson <posa@xxxxxxx.se>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:38:51 +0200

> I can't make the images includes some nessecery shared libraries. It's a
> standard library (libdl) and it is copied to target/cris-axis-linux-gnu after
> a "make install". But when the "make images" is run, it will not include the
> library to the images.
> Please, anyone know how to make it work?

Does "make install" install a program that is linked to libdl
and which is included in the "flashed" image?  If it does, then
there's a bug in the installation procedure.  I'd need more
details to proceed, so please come back if that's the case.

If no program links to libdl, libdl won't be installed: DSOs
(ELF shared libraries) that aren't linked to a program are
excluded from the "flashed" root filesystem image.  There are
exceptions for special DSOs that are known to only be loaded
dynamically, like libnss_files.so.2 and libnss_dns.so.2.  (Note
that these DSOs are loaded dynamically through functions in
libc, not those in libdl, which may otherwise seem confusing
since libdl wasn't included here!)

If you want libdl.so.2 installed *without* installing any
program linked to it (presumably useful during development, when
uploading the program by other means), add it same way as those
mentioned DSOs in the cramfs.img rule in the toplevel Makefile.

brgds, H-P