Re: Include lib

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:28:52 +0200
> From: Martin Herren <sputnik@xxxxxxx.ch>

> Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > If you want libdl.so.2 installed *without* installing any
> > program linked to it (presumably useful during development, when
> > uploading the program by other means), add it same way as those
> > mentioned DSOs in the cramfs.img rule in the toplevel Makefile.
>
> i had similar problems with the iptables libraries under /lib/iptables/
> i added them to the DSOs list in the Makefile, as well as the code that
> scans through /lib/iptables
> to look for required libraries (in addition to /lib and
> /usr/lib).

I don't know if this matches your situation, but anyway:
If there's a program that is *linked to a DSO* installed in
/lib/iptables, I think it'd be better to change your
installation to put *that* particular DSO in /lib or /usr/lib,
since those are the only two libraries that will be searched at
program start-up, unless you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH of course.
(No, there's no /etc/ld.so.conf or /etc/ld.so.cache; that kind
of dynamic DSO reconfigurability was judged as excessive.)

> it almost works now, but i still have to add manually the following line
> to /lib/romfs_meta.txt
> 	Include: /lib/iptables
> before i do a make images.

That's a correct change.