Re: problems with netbooting and image file

If you hook up a cable to COM2 of the devboard, you should be able to
connect directly to the devboard.  I do it using Hyperterminal in Windows.
This allows you to login, just as you would using telnet.

The reason you're not able to ping the device is probably because the
network settings have been reset.  Go to the following directory:

/etc/network/

There you should find a file called "network.conf"

Edit this using vi, or something, save it, then reboot.

After you do this, everything should be OK.

Hope this helps,

Randy Holman
Rice University