Re: RTC interrupts ┐how?

Rafael Collantes wrote:

> Orjan,
>
>     Thanks for your support. But this seems to be a serious problem for us.
> Is there another  way to generate an interrupt at 1000 Hz?
>    We need to record data from an AD converter at high speeds (several KHz).
>    Should we write our own driver for this?

I'm not an expert on the issue, but it sounds to me like you're going to have to
write a proper driver.  I don't think you can get that kind of timing behaviour
in a user space application.  There are two timers in the ETRAX, one of which is
used for scheduling etc.  The other one is used for fast serial DMA flushing, so
if that's something you don't need you are free to use that timer.  The serial
DMA flush interrupt runs at 19200 Hz, so your 1000 Hz shouldn't be a problem.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications AB