> Verify error at 0x8014FEB2
> Verify error at 0x8014FF16
> Verify error at 0x8014FF20
> Verify error at 0x8014FF68
> Verify error at 0x8014FF6C
> verified
>         JUMP
> 0x00000000

Looks like your flash chip is broken or not correctly mounted.

> Then, the LED goes crazy and starts to blink....then, I loose all
> connectivity via COM2....

It's the rescue code that blinks because the checksum of the
kernel-partition in the partition table doesn't match what's actually on the
chip (because of the error above).

> Any reason why this is happening?  How can I fix it??

Try in order:
1. Check the flash chip for solder between the pins. If any: scrape it
   off.
2. Replace the flash chip (if you know how to do that with a soldering
   iron).
3. Goto 1 (Just kidding :-)
4. If the flash chip that failed (above) was the one mounted on the board
   originally, just return the board and get a new one.

Best regards
/Jonas