Re: Access to the RS485

Kangning wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I tried to open ("/dev/ttyS3", O_RDWR | NOCTTY), but the return is -1. I
> checked in previous messages and found that I should enable the RS485 first in
> the kernelconfig.
>
> My questions are
>
> 1:) Shall I edit the kernelconfig file or kernelconfig.latest?

Neither; the normal way to reconfigure the kernel is to 'cd os/linux' from the
top-level directory.  Then use 'make menuconfig' or 'make xconfig' to change the
configuration.  After that, go back to the top-level directory and 'make kernel'
and 'make images'.

(The master kernel configuration file is os/linux/.config.  After a successful
'make kernel', that file will be copied to kernelconfig.latest. The file
"kernelconfig" is the default configuration, and is copied *to* os/linux/.config
when building for the first time.)

(I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your other questions.)

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications AB