RE: cgi access

> Hi all,
>      Can anyone give me some information regarding to
> Boa server on the axis developer board. I installed
> boa server on PC and i know how to write scripts.
> how to access scripts from browser. I will keep all
> scripts /cgi-bin/ directory.
>
> i modified scriptalias in Boa.conf
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
>

> But I want to know how to write scripts and where to
> place

The /var/www/cgi-bin is useful for scripts you want to try "on-the-fly",
i.e. upload with FTP and execute without rebooting. However, for permanent
scripts a common practise for Axis servers is to put them in the read-only
directory /usr/html/, with a boa.conf containing for instance:

ScriptAlias /admin-bin/ /usr/html/admin-bin/
ScriptAlias /axis-cgi/admin/ /usr/html/axis-cgi/admin/
ScriptAlias /axis-cgi/scripts/ /usr/html/axis-cgi/scripts/

> and how to transfer to developer board.

How to build and boot is described on http://developer.axis.com/doc/

Your CGI script is just another application that needs to be compiled or
just uploaded if it is s script. Unfortunately PERL is too big for our
embedded systems so you cannot run CGI scripts written in PERL.

Finally, FastCGI is not supported by boa but a similar concept is supported
by a so called "transfer mechanism". The idea is to forward requests to
already runnings processes just as for FastCGI, rather than starting
processes for each new request. Check boa.conf for more info.

Regards
/Peter