RE: parport ECP & DMA

Hi,

We have a couple of customers using a DMA based ECP
driver forETRAX 100LX. When I return from my vacation
(August 5) I  will check if I have the sourcecode
somewhere. In our non-Linux based products (e.g. the
printservers) we use ECP a lot so we know that the ECP
mode in the ETRAX 100LX works well.

The switching between forward and reverse mode has to be
made manually.

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Some protocols used over parallel ports are based on
commands and responses. In this case the port can be
switched to forward just before the command and then
to reverse just after the command.
2. For applications where the bulk of the data is
in one direction you can poll the other direction
by reverseing the port once in a while. This works
well with e.g. printers.

Can you describe the protocol that will run on your
parallel port?

/Mikael