RE: parport ECP & DMA

Johan Adolfsson wrote:

> Must you really switch between each byte?
> Can't you send data in bulk when needed and then
> switch to receive mode?

Well, the thing is, we can't keep the pheripheral waiting
for too long, since it does not have any buffers. If it
has data, it should be able to deliver it quickly.

> Check in arch/cris/drivers/lpslave/ where there is a driver
> to communicate with another ETRAX chip using the two
> parallel ports to get an additional network interface.

Thanks for the hint, I'll have a look there.
I think we'll go for this route, use one parport for in,
and one for out. We can do without the serial ports when
necessary.

Best regards,

Pieter