kernel configuration

hi all ,

   this is regarding kernel configuration. I need
parport0 device driver. In default settings of
developer board there is no driver. so i tried to get
new images after reconfiguring the kernel

i did the following steps

1. i enabled parallel port support for parallel port0

  using  make xconfig

2. i enabled support for userspace parallel port
device   drivers' under character devices.

3. i added the following entry in
/packages/devices/axis-2.4/Makefile  directory

@$(MKNOD) -m 0666           $(DEV)/parport c 99  0

4. i executed the commands

make kernel and make images

i transferred the new image using  ./ktest script

  but i didn't found parport0 driver in /dev/
directory

Can anyone give me suggestions , what could be the
reason ?

thanks in advance

regards

Latha

Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
       visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com