RE: Re: RE: Again with Syncronous Serial Port

Hi,

I will send you updated files that will solve your problems
later today.

>problem: the kernel is compiled OK but i cannot comunicacte with
>the board. Telnet, ping and ftp don't respond.

On the console you will see the following:

Kernel panic: Can't allocate sync serial manual irq

The serial port driver allocates the interrupt used by
the synchronous serial ports and doesn't make it shared.

>sync_serial.c: In function 'erax_sync_serial_init':
>sync_serial.c:262: 'port' undeclared (first use in this function)

This is caused by a typo in the code. Thnaks for pointing this out.
row 261:
if (port[0].use_dma) /* Port 0 uses dma, we must manual allocate IRQ */
should be
if (ports[0].use_dma) /* Port 0 uses dma, we must manual allocate IRQ */

/Mikael