RE: network throughput

Hi,

If I remember it correctly the performance with a developer
board LX is approximately 4 MBytes/s for receive and 3 MByte/s
for transmit (with the latest kernel). With other memory
configurations you can get 5 MByte/s (receive) and 4 MByte/s
(transmit).

>- data bus width (32 bit??)

On the developer board LX the data bus width is 16 bits.
With 32 bits and SDRAMs you can get higher performance.

>- data bus speed
50 MHz

>- dma setup latency
I don't know the typical latency. It depends a lot on what
else is going on in the system (although the ethernet DMAs
have very high priority)

>- size of network rx buffers (32KB??)
64 full size packets

>- maybe typical interrupt latency....