Re: Java RMI on etrax

> Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:16:52 +0200
> From: Peter Fredriksson <peter.fredriksson@xxxxxxx.se>

> When you say that it should not be too much work to make it work (GCJ),
> what does that mean more in detail?

Mikael asked me to to answer that question.  I'm not sure I
agree that it wouldn't be "too much" to make it work.  I haven't
studied it in detail though.  Complete gcj support means all of
the below.  Perhaps a subset is enough.

> Changing some makefiles and configures?

Yes.

> Or are there porting to be done at
> the thread,

No, I don't think so.

> file handling

No, I don't think so.

> and signal handling layers?

Yes, it must be able to throw exceptions.

In addition, the garbage collector must work (configuration
bits; might include non-trivial bits) and another package that
deals with translating to native function calls "on the fly".

brgds, H-P