From: Mikael Starvik [mailto:mikael.starvik@xxxxxxx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 7:06 AM
To: 'Polichar, Aaron R.'; dev-etrax
Cc: 'Marlin, Shawn R.'
Subject: RE: Ethernet thoughput limited

Hi,

2216 bytes is a suboptimal transfer size when testing
performance. 2216 bytes is rougly 1.5 Ethernet packets
and will therefor generate more packets on the network
than necessary (unless the TCP/IP stack in the sender
rearranges the data). Try with a larger size in each
transfer (e.g. 64 KB).

/Mikael