Question about excluding modules in Makespec

Hello,

I'am working with Axis developement board LX. I'am interested in
mimimize the kernel size to free space in the ROM Memory. I only need
PPP over RS-232 and IP stack to comunicate with a modem. The question
are:

1) What is the list of modules I can and those that I can't  comment in
the Makespec file to have the functionalities I need?
2) Can I get into Devboard my executable compressed in order to execute
it without decompressing it before?
3) Is there any more information about how to deal with this?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Javier