RE: off topic: 9 bit serial communication

I don't like to hack around with standard kernelcode too much, so I might
resort to implementing a line discipline that receives / transmits
16 bit values to/from userspace instead of 8 bit values.
I'll let the line discipline adjust the parity depending on what is sent,
and hope I don't receive data while changing the parity, in order to
be able to determine what the 9th bit would have been...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pieter