Re: strace

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Bryan Hackney wrote:
> Has anyone considered or started a port of strace? Any opinions on how
> difficult? I grabbed the source, and it's littered with arch conditionals -
> dissappointing at first glance.

I did a preliminary port of it some time ago.. the arch specific things can
in principle be copied from the other archs in a straightforward way. The
problem was instead that strace depends on _everything_ in the libc,
every damn include file there is is included etc, and we were using
only uClibc then, so you could not compile strace.

Now it should be fairly easy to port, given that the arch specific things
are ported/copied from a similar arch (like i386).

/Bjorn