Re: building kernel with RS485

Hi,

On Friday 04 October 2002 16.26, dchambrelan@xxxxxxx.com wrote:
> I have a problem to enable RS485 in the kernel config (linux 2.2.14)
>

> I have done the following:
>
> edited  the file $AXIS_KERNEL_DIR/.config
>

>       CONFIG_ETRAX_SERIAL_PORT3=y
>       CONFIG_ETRAX_RS485=y
>       CONFIG_ETRAX_RS485_ON_PA=y
You shouldn't enable this if you are using a developer board [LX].

>       CONFIG_ETRAX_RS485_ON_PA_BIT=3
So this will be gone too.

>       CONFIG_ETRAX_RS485_DISABLE_RECEIVER=y

> in the directory $AXIS_TO_DIR
>      make kernel
>
> this give a lot of errors when compiling serial.c
>
> example : serial.c:1201 structure has no member named rs485
> or        TIOCSERSETRS485 undeclared
>
> is it the good way to enable RS485 in the kernel ??
>
> thank you,

Unfortunaltly we haven't put a kernel with working RS-485 support
on developer.axis.com yet, but the changes are submitted to the
official kernel so you could update your kernel from there.
See http://mhonarc.axis.se/dev-etrax/msg02109.html or other
similar mails in the archives.

I will try to get someone to put the patches on developer.axis.com
before the next devboard_lx release.

/Johan