RE: device platform casing

The documentation says the following:

When using FTP for transfering files to the developer board, you must put them in the flash file system since you cannot write to the ROM file system. The flash file system is mounted at /mnt/flash on the board. Since transferring a file using FTP will not make the file executable you must set the execute bits manually using the chmod command from the FTP client. Make sure you transfer the file in binary mode (as opposed to ASCII mode). The default root password is 'pass'.

Example:

$ ftp 123.45.67.89
Connected to 123.45.67.89.
220 Simple-FTPd (sftpd) ready.
Name (123.45.67.89:john): root
331 User name okay, need password.
Password: pass
230 User logged in, proceed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd /mnt/flash
250 Command successful.
ftp> bin
200 Command okay.
ftp> put hello
200 Command okay.
150 Opening data connection.
226 Transfer complete.
1298 bytes sent in 0.000105 secs (1.2e+04 Kbytes/sec)
ftp> chmod 755 hello
200 Command okay.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

Why can't you use this description? Maybe you want to fetch
the application with ftp running on the developer board?