network boot mode?

I believe I'm in network boot mode, I have a lan with 10.66.66.x addresses,
I held down the boot, pressed reset and released boot, and it gave me a
short yellow light and then it went away? I can't get any network connection
to the etrax because I didn't load busybox which gives it the dhcp commands
etc. How long does a ktest take and the last thing I did was a ftp put
fimage flash

and then I didn't have a networked box, so I opened it up and I believe it's
in NBP mode. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx.
Lance
I'd crawl over an acre of "Visual This++" and "Integrated Development That"
to get to gcc, Emacs, and gdb.  Thank you.