CRTSCTS undefined?

I'm having trouble using the cflag CRTSCTS when setting up my ttyS device.

I'm including <termios.h> in my program, and the reason CRTSCTS is not defined
is because

/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/linux/include/termios.h

is used, which includes

/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/linux/include/bits/termios.h

and here CRTSCTS is only defined when __USE_MISC is defined.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? (and do I need to define __USE_MISC?
and where?)

Or is there a problem with my header file locations? I think when
os/linux/include/termios.h was used instead, it would have included
os/linux/include/asm/termios.h, which on it's turn includes
os/linux/include/asm/termbits.h, which defines CRTSCTS without requiring any
special definitions like __USE_MISC.

What's the preferred way to fix this?

Best regards,

Pieter