Re: link integrity led for ethernet on MCM / devboard_lx?

Dave Chevalier wrote:
> Dave Chevalier wrote:
>
>> It looks to me from the schematics that neither the devboard_lx nor
>> the MCM bring the LNKLED signal out from the ethernet transceiver
>> chip. If this is so, how can I simulate the link integrity check of
>> the PHY layer in software?
>> I basically want an LED on when a "live" network cable is plugged in,
>> and off when unplugged.
>> I guess the devboard_lx could be modified to get the actual LNKLED
>> signal out,
>> but I'm thinking that is not possible for the MCM, no?
>

> Sorry - I just found out about the MDIO register interface in ethernet.c,
> which appears to have a bit for link status. I will try this out.

Ok, after some source reading, I see that all I needed to do was change the
kernel config for the network led behaviour and re-compile. Now it does
exactly what I wanted.
Thanks! :-)

-Dave

--
| Dave Chevalier              | TriBeam Technologies, Inc.         |