Re: Problems with lp0

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Wilkinson" <jonathan@xxxxxxx.uk>
Sent: den 6 november 2002 12:16
Subject: RE: Problems with lp0

> Sorry to keep bugging people with this but i'm having real problems with
gpiog

> Okay so i've now successfully got gpiog in the /dev directory
>
> however i cannot open it
>
> I've tried
>   devfd = open("/dev/gpiog", O_RDWR);
> and it returns -1

What value has errno after this?
What does perror("open"); say?

> I've also tried on the command line
>   echo "1234" > /dev/gpiog
> and it replies: "cannot create /dev/gpiog: error 22

It looks like the /dev/gpiog is still not there.
Can you veryify it with "ls -l /dev/gpio*" on the devboard?

> Do i need to change any permissions for the device?  Is this anything i've
missed?  The permissions are set at 0666 (crw-rw-rw-).

No it should be fine, although you cant write to /dev/gpiog like that.
I think your echo statement is trying to create /dev/gpiog which it can't
since /dev/ is on a read only partition - but it should really be created
already.

Have you made 'make install' in the packages/devices/axis-2.4 as well as
on the top level?
I don't know if you have to do 'make images' as well or if I'm just
confusing build systems here...

> Please help - i'm desperate!!
>
> Thank you.... Jonathan (again)

/Johan

I just have gpioa and gpiob

> I have GPIO support enabled in menuconfig (parallel support disabled) and
I've added the following line to
~/axis/devboard_lx/packages/devices/axis2.4/Makefile: